We asked innovation strategist Harpreet Singh to share three tools he uses to understand the needs of the current market that are relevant for both small business owners, senior executives, and anyone in-between who is interested in applicable business strategies.Read More
Want to intern at Small Coffee? Read this first!Read More
Small Coffee is seeking Social Media and Public Relations Interns for the Spring and Summer. These paid internships will provide hands-on experience at a growing agency. Interns will walk away with both knowledge and experience about social media, publicity and being a small business owner.
About Small Coffee
Austin-based Small Coffee is a small digital marketing firm that helps businesses amplify their brands through strategic public relations, social media and grassroots marketing campaigns. Founded in 2014, Small Coffee currently works with six B2B and B2C businesses and is taking on more work.
Internship Position Description
Interns will be responsible for assisting and supporting the Managing Director with a variety of marketing, public relations and social media tasks for Small Coffee’s clients. By the end of the 12-week internship, interns will know the ins and outs of owning and operating a small digital marketing agency. This is a paid internship ($10/hour) and interns will be expected to work 6-10 hour weeks. Office hours are somewhat flexible and interns may be able to work remotely at times. Small Coffee’s office is in Mueller, near Manor and 51st Street.
Job Functions and Responsibilities
Marketing focus may include:
· Engage with Managing Director on a regular basis to brainstorm ideas for new and innovative marketing and public relations campaigns for both B2B and B2B clients.
· Assist with gathering and analyzing data and metrics for marketing reports.
· Provide support and assistance for product launches and events. Tasks may include media relations and email marketing.
· Participate in the occasional meeting or photo-shoot with clients.
· Assist with social media engagement by helping manage social channels, drafting editorial calendars, and monitoring social media analytics.
Public Relations focus may include:
· Write and assist with the pitching of press releases and other media pitches.
· Research and compile the editorial calendars of publications.
· Create and update editorial database using industry software.
· Write and research content for blogs.
· Help with the project management of events and workshops.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Report weekly to Managing Director, outlining accomplishments and goals.
· Keep organized files of company materials that are either shared with intern or created by intern, and be able to access those files when needed.
· Communicate as directed with third parties, such as publications, website developers, photographers, graphic designers, etc.
· Assist with researching industry-specific and competitor sites for product releases, product reviews, customer comments, and other relevant marketing information.
· Responsibilities and tasks may change based on company growth and director’s needs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
· Some knowledge and experience with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Yelp and Instagram required
· Strong interest in marketing or PR
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
· Must be deadline-driven, dependable and have good follow-through
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
· Experience with design programs such as Adobe Suite a plus, but not required
· Experience with email marketing platforms (such as MailChimp) a plus, but not required
· Experience with Google Analytics a plus, but not required
*A personal laptop is required for this position. A computer is not provided by Small Coffee.
· Must be enrolled in college
· Marketing, Public Relations, or related major
Please send your cover letter, resume and two recent writing samples to Clarisa Ramirez by March 18, 2016.
Founder and Managing Director, Small Coffee